January 19, 2017 06:31PM

Author Topic: Don't be scammed  (Read 2486 times)

Online Bobbybighoof

• Site Admin
  • 3500 Posts
  • I'm sure there is a hax for that...
  • Awards I survived the Sleestack migration of 2013 Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month Helped with CoS Beta Testing Helped to bug test CoS before alpha release
    • View Profile
    • lazygamerz.org
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Don't be scammed
« on: February 20, 2011 11:49AM »
Do not get scammed by people pretending to be Runedev-Infinity staff

All administrators and moderators on the site will first post to your thread informing you of their intentions on a sale or service. That post will be followed by a pm on the site informing you of what email, msn, or other contact information you will need to know.

So that everyone knows the on site preferred method of transactions is ventrilo, but not everyone has the ability to use ventrilo and we understand this. The second preferred method is over msn. The staff will provide you with an msn contact email to add them from and they will provide that through a pm on site.

Do not even trust msn or emails that say @runedev.info This is not our domain any longer and we can not know to trust anything that might be from there. None of us on the staff here have any access to any @rundev.info emails so do not trust them either.

We will get all of our staff new emails as soon as we are settled on new hosting.

Also

I would like to throw out a quick reminder to our members that you should NEVER EVER trust anyone else so fully that you don't take security precautionarie s. Recently, a "highly trusted" member on our site, the owner of Exposed Talents (MtR), has scammed the members of this site of around $200 and was attempting to steal more through another members account that he had hacked.

This just goes to show that you should ALWAYS take care of your account and any items of value, especially when you give your account to someone else for a service! Remember,

- Always take items of value off of the account before giving it to someone else to do a job.
- Always use a bank pin
- Change your password once every few months, make it a complex password, and don't use the same one on an RS account as you do on the forums
- Don't trust ANYONE with 100% of your confidence.
- When dealing with job services on site, follow the Market rules (yes, I know tl;dr) to the exact letter to avoid being scammed.

We here at Lazy Gamerz hate to see our members get scammed and we do our best to prevent it from happening. Remember, always take the most precautionary measures you can take to avoid losing your hard earned cash.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011 01:24PM by Bobbybighoof »

Offline Starkiller

• Lifetime VIP
  • 3500 Posts
  • Spiral Out
  • Awards Has donated 50 dollars or more at one time to the site Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Best singer ever to walk among us. Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Uses the ventrilo to play music for the community, and has kept an active and up Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Awards
Re: Don't be scammed
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011 11:54AM »
Thank you for sharing this with us bobby! I, of course will do my best to follow by these guidelines.

Offline Solace

• Lifetime VIP
  • 250 posts
  • A++
  • Awards Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011 11:56AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Old scammer list can be found here:

http://www.lazygamerz.org/forums/index.php?topic=151.msg1144#msg1144

Offline Levest28

• Site Admin
  • 2500 posts
  • TeamSpeak and StarMade Server Admin
  • Awards Helped with CoS Beta Testing Helped to bug test CoS before alpha release Tekkit Player Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Manages the ventrilo accounts and server for the community
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011 12:01PM »
Thanks bobby. I'm sure this will clear up alot of things for our Runedev members.

Offline Luke

• Lifetime VIP
  • 150 Posts
  • Awards Has over 5 images used on the site. Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011 12:29PM »
Thanks for warning!

signature made by... me

Offline Sualk200

• Lifetime VIP
  • 400 Posts
  • Always at your disposal PM - msn me if you need me
  • Awards Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011 07:03PM »
thanks for the information Bobby I'm sure these will be for use not just for me but to all runedev members thanks

Check my testing blog Here!
Check my Shop Here! -- 500m+ in stock $0.85/m
REMEBER Always at your disposal
sig made by eye!

Offline corruptevil9

• 200 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011 04:39AM »
watch out for phising links aswell it happened to unkownimp and some other guys in old runedev

Jacobson

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011 12:57PM »
I received a phishing link to rncape.com or something to login because apparently I had a "botting offense." I had no RS account registered to that email, and it was the one I used to register at Runedev, I believe.

Offline [Bm]rap45

• 200 Posts
  • u jelly yet?
  • Awards Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011 01:38PM »
Thanks for the info! bobby

Please click my huevos :)

Offline Fuel

• Lifetime VIP
  • 750 posts
  • In a worn out..Suit and Tie..
  • Awards Has donated 50 dollars or more at one time to the site Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011 07:26PM »
You can only contact me through my msn at

Jcookie42@hotmail.com through MSN Chat.

OR

My Emails for Runedev Directly are:

Fuel.Runedev@live.com
Cook.Runedev@hotmail.com

I am Cook and Cook42.

I would like it to be known, I am here to help Bobbybighoof, and to help the stability of Runedev-Infinity.org

If you find anyone else claiming to be me and aren't using those exact emails, it is a lie and a scam.

Cook: no but for real
Cook: my own farts are smellin like shit this morning
Kaka: its 4am and im eating a lollipop

Offline deboy1

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011 11:20AM »
Thanks bobby for the Info. I will be sure to tell anyone who asks.

Your friend,
Deboy1

The Black Tux

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011 12:25PM »
Merci on the info.

Offline Kaka

• Lifetime VIP
  • 3750 Posts
  • Awards Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Best singer ever to walk among us. Uses the ventrilo to play music for the community, and has kept an active and up Joined the site the first month Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011 04:58PM »
I received a phishing link to rncape.com or something to login because apparently I had a "botting offense." I had no RS account registered to that email, and it was the one I used to register at Runedev, I believe.
Jagex never sends emails for RuneScape, only to recover a password, so NEVER click those links, no matter how legitimate it may seem.
If we miss Kaka for 2days we get a thing called constipation and I don't like that.
Lazygamerz.org: Home of a gaming community like no other. RuneScape Macro/Bot client "Infinity", a LazyGamerz Minecraft server, and lots of other resources and supported games, backed by an amazing community. Don't forget all those exclusive Minecraft Skins and other content we have to offer! Lazygamer lazygamers gamer http://www.lazygamerz.org/ City of Steam CoS indie