June 24, 2017 08:21AM

Author Topic: How to write a good post  (Read 5802 times)

Offline cheeseownsu

• Lifetime VIP
  • 2250 Posts
  • Quests is what I do :P
  • Awards Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
Re: How to write a good post
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013 11:50PM »
I don't really think that most of the posts here are "shit". I can't say much about any of the LoL threads, because I don't read those, but most of the threads I read don't have the same amount of spam they used to. I remember when you would get these people who would literally gravedig a post and say something like "cool." or "me too" or "y iz bot dwn whn it b up?" in a context that makes little sense.

As far as I can tell, we don't have that kind of stuff going on right now.

Second. Has there been some invisible influx of posts that I'm not seeing? 90% of the topics recently have been about games or politics. I think we need some more spam to drown out the politics.

Offline somanayr

• Lifetime VIP
  • 2250 Posts
  • There's something fishy about tuna...
  • Awards Helped with CoS Beta Testing Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Joined the site the first month Tekkit Player Helped to bug test CoS before alpha release Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013 12:04AM »
Second. Has there been some invisible influx of posts that I'm not seeing? 90% of the topics recently have been about games or politics. I think we need some more spam to drown out the politics.
On the contrary, I think we need more politics to drown out the spam! I love a good debate. The hardest kind of debate to keep up is a religious debate, because religion is even more ingrained than politics is, so it very easily spirals into flame. Which is why religious debates are awesome (until they spiral into flame)

If I can get a good topic to discuss, I will throw it out in the air though. Hopefully we'll have a lot of conflicting views!
I WILL CHARGE YOU ONLY IN RSGP because I believe most of u kids dnt hv credit           cards or Paypal accounts..
We can talk irony if you'd like :)

Offline adadad136

• Lifetime VIP
  • 1800 Posts
  • Awards Tekkit Player Helped to bug test CoS before alpha release Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Greatest singer alive! Has donated 50 dollars or more at one time to the site Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013 12:06AM »
I was brought seeing forums with high quality posts and even though they had less traffic, the forums posts were worth much more because of the quality and I hate to see our forums riddled with shit.
I have a cutting edge, but, risky solution to your problem. Not many people can handle this kind of knowledge, but I think the world needs it right now...

If you don't like what's being posted...

(click to show/hide)
[/color]

#WeAreWinter

Offline Question

• Media Group
  • 1600 Posts
  • I am the 1%. If being rich is a crime, I don't want to be poor.
  • Awards Has donated 50 dollars or more at one time to the site Helped with CoS Beta Testing Helped to bug test CoS before alpha release Tekkit Player Has purchased for their player area in the LGMincraft a golden Buddha Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a cigar
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013 04:26AM »
I ask myself if people really give a fuck and whether it is needed.

Then a run a quick test on someone and if they approve, I ask myself if I'm posting for a digit.
Then I post it.
I'm a well-known crackpot.

Offline cheeseownsu

• Lifetime VIP
  • 2250 Posts
  • Quests is what I do :P
  • Awards Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013 07:17AM »
On the contrary, I think we need more politics to drown out the spam! I love a good debate. The hardest kind of debate to keep up is a religious debate, because religion is even more ingrained than politics is, so it very easily spirals into flame. Which is why religious debates are awesome (until they spiral into flame)

If I can get a good topic to discuss, I will throw it out in the air though. Hopefully we'll have a lot of conflicting views!

Bleh, gimme more politics to drown out religion. It always ends up being flame, flame because people are ignorant and don't like having their beliefs questioned (ex. the belief that belief is enough proof for god).

Offline Starkiller

• Lifetime VIP
  • 3500 Posts
  • Spiral Out
  • Awards Has donated 50 dollars or more at one time to the site Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Best singer ever to walk among us. Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Uses the ventrilo to play music for the community, and has kept an active and up Joined the site the first month
    • View Profile
    • Youtube's channel
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013 02:48PM »
I'd love more debates, in fact, topic(s) time.