May 21, 2018 02:46PM

Author Topic: The Redshift Mutiny  (Read 254 times)

Offline Captain-Kronex

• Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Redshift Mutiny
« on: June 11, 2017 09:42PM »
Time, it's hard to measure, how much has passed? Days turn into weeks, weeks blend into months. Sometimes it feels like I've been here for years, sometimes I wonder what might have happened if I had done things a little different. In the end though, life is what we make of it.
   In the distant galaxy of Redshift, my ruthless band of pirate renagades ruled supreme. We plundred , raided and robbed eveyone from spawn to the outter rims, no one was safe. We waged wars, and wiped out entire solar systems. Our fleet grew and we ruled through fear. Pirate lords across the galaxy paid tribute, and dreamed of our success. But success it seems isn't messured in loot and ships.
   In time the effects of our piracy was felt throughout the galaxy. Factions fell from power and faded, galactic governments crashed and social disorder began. The economy went under, never to rise, and I had a hand in all of it. The pirate lords themselves felt the effects. With the decline of empires, trade routes became a thing of the past, merchant ships stopped sailing the cosmos and soon no one was left to plunder. The pirate lords conspired, they blamed me for killing the galaxy. We were all to blame, but maybe I carried the most.
   The galaxy grew silent, settlements became scarce. Even your average citizen resorted to raidng his neighbour in an effort to provide for themselves. Civilization, it seemed, would never recover from what I have done.
   When all seemed lost, and the galaxy seemed most empty. We intercepted a distress signal, a cargo frigate had been hit, targeted by a small ban of desperate raiders. The decision was mine, do we claim the ship and cast out the starving citizen's or let them take the haul. Of course the pirate lords didn't wait for orders, they acted as they always did. Take what you can, give nothing back, but it was a trap. The moment we warped in my own fleet opened fire on my flagship, they killed their brothers, sisters and commrades in arms. All just to launch a coup against me, the traitors. I didn't have time to think, there was no cargo frigate, my own men created the ditress signal to lure me in. My prize ship was exploding around me, all was lost. Too few of my crew made it to the escape pods and the ones that did were shot down. I knew escape was impossible, but i had to try something.
   The pirate lords cheered as my flagship ripped apart, explosions echoed through out the system. But what now? What have they acomplished? The galaxy was still doomed to wither away. Nothing could make a difference at this pont, us pirates were all that was left. Soon we would slip away into legend, as will the Red galaxy itself.
   My pod warped into an unknow system, in a galaxy far away. The engineers loyal to me had installed a long range warp drive. I guess it worked, but it would never work again. The last moments before I jumped, explosions damaged my private pod, the engines took heavy damage, the hull had been breached and the power system was failing. The pod was to drift endlessly, so I entered cryptosleep for as long as the power would hold up. Who knew how long I would be drifting before someone crossed my path, who knew the intentions of the one that does?
   My eyes open to the sight of a planet in destruction, giant pieces scattered away from each other, ripped apart by the cores explosion.  This galaxy has known conflict, but this time my hands are clean. Sirens alarm, the shattered planet's gravity has begun to pull my wrecked pod in. Collision imminent, there is nothing I can do but brace myself and think, I'm lucky to have made it this far. "Crash", the pod sweeps through the small trees and brush, twigs and rocks fly through the air.  I stumble out onto the ground, dazed and confused. How long has it been since I stood on grass? How long since I felt real wind, or breathed real air? This fractured world seemed alien to me, but somehow felt like home.
   My pod was destroyed beyond repair, my past erased with the flow of time, but for now I feel like I have a second chance. For now I live in peace, for now I wait.....

Offline Bobbybighoof

• Site Admin
  • 3500 Posts
  • I'm sure there is a hax for that...
  • Awards I survived the Sleestack migration of 2013 Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month Helped with CoS Beta Testing Tekkit Player
    • View Profile
    • lazygamerz.org
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: The Redshift Mutiny
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017 02:03PM »
absolutely loved it. Word of advice the wall of text is a bit hard to read at times had to highlight lines to remember where I was reading. Try to reformat it to be a better read, but no need to change a word its was very good.

Offline Captain-Kronex

• Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Redshift Mutiny
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017 02:09PM »
Awesome, I'll make sure to do that in the future  ;D