January 18, 2017 09:15PM

Author Topic: Banned for talking?  (Read 139 times)

Offline MineRaid

• 5 posts
  • Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Banned for talking?
« on: January 04, 2017 02:22AM »
Some backstory is required here: I joined the server, created a cloaking and jumping ship to scout territory. After I saw how many people had overheating/otherwise (drifting, abandoned, unfactioned) ships all over the place, I decided that I would try and make some profit on it. And so began my mission in the pvp universe, I would jump to various factions and see if they left anything behind, if they did i would hop in and rip it apart. In some cases if the ship was not in too bad of condition I would take it and repair it. I did this for around two days until I found a salvager in good condition floating away from a homebase abandoned. I took it back to my base and started to use it.

Jump to present: An admin by the name of GNPD_EVA appears in my system. Quoting now:
MineRaid "what are you doing"
GNPD_EVA "whatever the damn I want to"
MineRaid "I could blow you out of the sky"

He then proceeds to DELETE my salvager for saying that

I protest to the deletion and request that he re-spawn my ship.

The conversation escalates

Perma-Banned

I honestly think that it is an abuse of power to one, delete a ship with virtually no reason, two perma-ban someone because they defended themselves (verbally)

My experience with your admin GNPD_EVA was frankly embarrassing for the number one star-made server and I am disappointing that I have to be making this port

Offline Bishop

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banned for talking?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017 12:00AM »
something like this just happened to me. echo7 decided he didn't like me over some "scientific disagreements" and a week later the same mod has banned me as well for essentially not bowing to him and the police. I know for a fact that this is not the sort of atmosphere bobby wants for his lovely place and that i've come back under my true name to post this should serve as a marker of how much I enjoy playing on this server. either the "sensitive" individuals go or the player base does. I am literally a witch. choose wisely.

Offline Bishop

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017 12:07AM »
I have been permanently banned by this rogue admin now. I'm sorry bobby i tried. clean your house brother

Kidcudi

Offline Azhrarnx

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017 01:05AM »
You were permabanned after multiple warnings for abusive language and behavior witnessed by several players. Both online and offline viewing from the web.

I did witness this. Given the multiple warnings over a fairly extended period I'd say you were given extreme leniency.

I run a couple of servers for a different game.

I am also a guild master for two very large guilds in a extremely popular MMO on two different servers and factions.

I understand Guild drama well. I see the behaviors. I am not fooled by it.

This is of course my opinion. But admins exist for a reason. they help out players and assist in maintaining smooth operations.

So far all admins I have talked to or interacted with on this server are of high caliber and quality. I have comparable officers assisting me in my guilds.

Just my two cents

Offline Azhrarnx

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017 01:24AM »
Also..as an entire aside. "I am literally a witch. choose wisely" is an incredulous statement that reflects a threatening perspective. In laymans terms it was "unwise"

Offline GNPD_EVA

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017 01:29AM »
ok since iv got my admin account info back

as of today 1/7/2017
you where banned for excessive trolling in general chat
i joined the server after several messages From SEVERAL people when i was OUTSIDE GAME
once in the game i told u multiple times to stop inciting a riot in general chat
in fact i kicked u three times warning you to cool down
after which u began to attack me and the whole community at that point you where banned

#reason for ban

The use of hate of others is never acceptable. Any discrimination and/or hateful remarks towards anyone based on; race, color, creed, nationality, sex , sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Harassment of other players or bullying also will not be tolerated in our chat, and both the use of hate or harassment is grounds for an instant ban without warning.

https://www.lazygamerz.org/forums/index.php?topic=10440.0

Offline Azhrarnx

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017 01:49AM »
A another aside for the original poster. A few items I noticed.

You discovered a salvager so it cost you nothing to buy or build. Perhaps a small amount to repair. But given the mining bonuses on this server that is no great cost.

An threat to an admin is always a 'poor choice of words' such as "I could blow you out of the sky"

The deletion of a single ship is a small penalty for poor behavior. requesting that it be respawned indicates that you feel the admin acted outside their bounds to delete a ship you didn't build or pay for.

I did not witness the original conversation. But any 'conversation' that 'escalates' with an admin is never a good idea. You stated openly "The conversation escalates" but failed to give specifics of the conversation indicating you were reluctant to share specific points of said conversation.

Given that you have not provided any evidence of impropriety on the part of an admin based on the conversation that led to a permabanning means that this action falls under the purview of server owner and those that he imparts executive power in his running the server. His admins.

Guildmasters and server owners often heavily rely on officers to administer the smooth operation of their guilds or servers. They trust in them. They chose them. To say that they chose poorly in their selection of their officers/admins is to question their judgement.

If I doubted or reprimanded an officer in my guilds every time a player complained that they were treated unfairly I would have a derth of officers. I chose them wisely. I trust their actions. I do not randomly pick people to have such important positions. I consider them very thoroughly.

I suspect that the server owner here does so as well.

Again just my observations.

Offline Bishop

• 5 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017 02:01AM »
"to stop inciting a riot in general chat" you said more than I ever could. enjoy.

Online GNPD_Zackey

• 5 posts
  • GenXnova Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017 03:18AM »
"to stop inciting a riot in general chat" you said more than I ever could. enjoy.

Hello, if it wasn't already obvious, you where banned for continuing to act in a manor which decreased the overall enjoyment of others in our server.
You where given multiple warnings from myself and GNPD_EVA. Even after these warnings where given, you did not show any sign of cooperation. You even argued with an admin. At one point, you even threatened to blow an admin out of the sky. None of this is showing any respect to our admin staff, and is not acting in good faith.

Furthermore at no point during the conversation with blobfscrazy did I observe you show any sign of wishing to break off the conversation and/or being constructive, in fact you seemed perfectly content with continuing the argument until blobfscrazy was kicked for use of extreme words (whom admittedly also didn't constrain himself). This is not acting in good faith, it is acting in a way that provokes a response from our members, and insights arguments. I'm afraid that's just not tolerated here.

Then, after receiving this ban for multiple justifiable reasons, you threaten one of our staff with religious curses, stating that "I am literally a witch. choose wisely." which again is not acting in good faith.

We here at GenXnova deal with multiple levels unconstrained behavior, but this is mostly taken in good faith, and overtime users improve, however, your stay here has been marked with repeated bad/negative comments towards other players, going so far to tell 7echo to kill himself, whom is one of our long term players. Overall, we gave you as many chances as we'd give anyone else and no reasonable improvement was seen during your stay with us.

This sort of behavior isn't accepted here, and isn't going to get any other response then a ban. I wish you well on your travels, and should you return in good faith, we will be willing to look into your ban appeal.