January 18, 2017 09:10PM

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Make blueprints buy with credits instead of buy with blocks  (Read 191 times)

Offline ChemistryGeek02

• 5 posts
  • Starfleek President
    • View Profile
    • Awards
In the server, ships are currently buy with blocks. I can understand the intentions behind this, as to remove people trying to take advantage of credit farming. However, it takes FOREVER to constantly look at a blueprint, find the next block, find a shop (or person) with those in stock, then fill it out and go to the next block type. Most blueprints have upwards of dozens of these block types, and it could take hours to get 1 ship/station out of a blueprint. My suggestion is this:

Make blueprints buy with credits, but make them more expensive than it would regularly be. This discourages people from credit farming, as it would take a whole lot more effort to get the amount of credits needed to do so than to just make blocks yourself. It would make it easier for starting players, and for everyone who needs that extra bit of support towards making their own factories. I know this can be done withing the server config file, as I have made sure this is doable before suggesting. Please consider this, as it takes so long for blueprints to be filled out currently.

Online 7echo

• 20 Posts
  • The Federation - A proud member of the OAS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Generally, on GenX, Buy BPs with credits is done every other weekend so you can go either way.  Some of us prefer to manufacture our blocks in our factories and build our own ships but if you don't, the next BPs-for-credits weekend is always just around the corner.
Founder - 7echo

Online michaeld1505

• 30 Posts
  • Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The problem with buy blueprints with credits is that you can't buy station blueprints that way.

Offline ChemistryGeek02

• 5 posts
  • Starfleek President
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Generally, on GenX, Buy BPs with credits is done every other weekend so you can go either way.  Some of us prefer to manufacture our blocks in our factories and build our own ships but if you don't, the next BPs-for-credits weekend is always just around the corner.
Thanks for letting me know. It's good that they do that already, but every other weekend is:
1) Not that often, and
2) More work for the admins. It just seems like it would be easier to leave it on BWC, or if the admins think they still want to keep changing it, maybe more often (every weekend, or something like that).

Offline ChemistryGeek02

• 5 posts
  • Starfleek President
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The problem with buy blueprints with credits is that you can't buy station blueprints that way.
While that is true, the main reason for doing this is for starters to get some sort of advantage, having access to ships with a decent design and functionality quite easily. If you really needed one of the few stations already posted (or one from the Multiverse), then you are probably relatively far into the game and should be able to manufacture those blocks yourself.

Online michaeld1505

• 30 Posts
  • Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Let me rephrase, currently when buy blueprints with credits is enabled, there is no way to get a station blueprint period.

Online 7echo

• 20 Posts
  • The Federation - A proud member of the OAS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I believe that every other weekend is fair and gives both sides an equal chance.  Whether you wish to spawn your BP with credits, or fill the BP yourself, both sides get a weekend.  If it aint broke...  Don't fix it.
Founder - 7echo

Offline Maxajax

• 40 Posts
  • Your friendly Neighbourhood Magos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I like the Blueprint-for-credit weekends as they are, but it pisses me off endlessly that I have to guess which is which when I want to get something done. As far as I am concerned, every weekend should be a blueprint-for-credit weekend, and then the insane people can have the other five days or the week.

If that is too much to ask, then I'd rather have every sunday be credit-blueprint day than a credit-blueprint weekend every other week. Just when you figure out the bloody rythm, the order gets thrown around because of a patch.
My philosophy on power regen:
http://imgur.com/ZWK3AUn

The 1990-1995 Star Wars: X-Wing Series, a part of my childhood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

The 1999 boardgame Warhammer 40K: Battlefleet Gothic, on which my ships are based:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis

Online Blobfscrazy

• 25 Posts
  • In the name of the gods, ships shall be built
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Agreed
I played on redshift, now I play here. The killing doesnt stop. Ever

https://starmadedock.net/members/blobfscrazy.387534/
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/105355736