February 20, 2017 03:39AM

Author Topic: Too Much Money...  (Read 68 times)

Offline DoomCarrot

• Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Too Much Money...
« on: January 24, 2017 04:05PM »
Hey, I love this server.
 However, being a new player, I feel I should give my first impression/suggestion.

"Survival," has almost no place on this server. Blueprints can be uploaded from a single player creative game (I am ok with that), but users are also given a million credits a day just for voting.... As a new player, I have found absolutely no reason to survive, build a small ship, mine, explore, conquer, etc. when I can just build a gigantic cruiser in singleplayer, vote a few times, and spawn it into the game.

I think the server needs to be given more of a survival feel, where it is rewarding to own a large ship, and crushing when it destroyed. Right now it is lacking that. I have suicided like 4 cruiser size ships for the heck of it, because I can just buy the ship again after I vote. Furthermore, I have no factories, no cargo ships, no miners, because frankly, there is no point....

If it were up to me, I would do one of these things:

1. Disable Local Blueprints. Ships MUST be built on the actual server.
2. Make Blueprints insanely expensive to purchase a ship with. Like, at least 10 times more expensive than building it from scratch.
3. Only give a few thousand credits for voting, or none at all (you already can't use commands until you vote, which makes most people vote).

Online Blobfscrazy

• 25 Posts
  • In the name of the gods, ships shall be built
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Too Much Money...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017 04:27PM »
Clue is in the name,
LazyGamerz
Its not designed to be a hardcore survival server. The plentiful resources encourge PvP and if you really dont like how easy it is, just mine without claiming the system and revel in the survivleness.
I played on redshift, now I play here. The killing doesnt stop. Ever

https://starmadedock.net/members/blobfscrazy.387534/
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/105355736

Offline 7echo

• 25 Posts
  • The Federation - A proud member of the OAS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017 12:02AM »
Actually, we get 25 million per day for voting.  Your post sounds just like one I read once on the Dock.  The majority of this community likes it this way.  Why change to satisfy the minority?  "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."  ~Mr. Spock
Founder - 7echo

Online Bobbybighoof

• Site Admin
  • 3500 Posts
  • I'm sure there is a hax for that...
  • Awards I survived the Sleestack migration of 2013 Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month Helped with CoS Beta Testing Tekkit Player
    • View Profile
    • lazygamerz.org
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017 10:44AM »
Hey, I love this server.
 However, being a new player, I feel I should give my first impression/suggestion.

"Survival," has almost no place on this server. Blueprints can be uploaded from a single player creative game (I am ok with that), but users are also given a million credits a day just for voting.... As a new player, I have found absolutely no reason to survive, build a small ship, mine, explore, conquer, etc. when I can just build a gigantic cruiser in singleplayer, vote a few times, and spawn it into the game.

I think the server needs to be given more of a survival feel, where it is rewarding to own a large ship, and crushing when it destroyed. Right now it is lacking that. I have suicided like 4 cruiser size ships for the heck of it, because I can just buy the ship again after I vote. Furthermore, I have no factories, no cargo ships, no miners, because frankly, there is no point....

If it were up to me, I would do one of these things:

1. Disable Local Blueprints. Ships MUST be built on the actual server.
2. Make Blueprints insanely expensive to purchase a ship with. Like, at least 10 times more expensive than building it from scratch.
3. Only give a few thousand credits for voting, or none at all (you already can't use commands until you vote, which makes most people vote).

Thank you for taking the time to post us your ideas. It is always good to know what our players think. We will take the time to look over your thoughts on what we can do to improve and add them to the list of things might consider to improve the server game play. again thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think will help improve on the server.