May 29, 2017 06:52PM

Author Topic: Is it possible to use old version of StarMade to import hulls?  (Read 470 times)

Offline Aceface

• 5 posts
  • Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi.
So I have this hull of mine which is only made of black standard armor and a core, no other blocks. It was a poly2vox import and involved a complex copy paste procedure as poly2vox has the height limit of 256 but my ship here is a lot taller than 256.

I want to make it to dark grey hull instead of black standard armor and make some adjustments to the core placement. Unfortunately you can't do that in SMedit as I have modified it and saved it in StarMade. What I am wondering is if I can go back to an old version of StarMade and resave the blueprint there? Will I then be able to open it in SMedit? And if that's the case which version of StarMade ought I use?

Offline Bobbybighoof

• Site Admin
  • 3500 Posts
  • I'm sure there is a hax for that...
  • Awards I survived the Sleestack migration of 2013 Is an active member of the LG Minecraft server Uses our ventrilo voice chat to keep up with the community and talk with fellow Joined the site the first month Helped with CoS Beta Testing Tekkit Player
    • View Profile
    • lazygamerz.org
    • Youtube's channel
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
No the unfortunately old versions of starmade too will not be able to load the blueprint. The changes Schema made in the blueprints will also prevent old versions of the game to load the blueprint. You can however redo the blueprint using your converters, smedit, and the old version of the game to make a new blueprint that will work.

Offline Aceface

• 5 posts
  • Hi Im new not a leecher
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alright I see, guess I'll have to keep the core in a less convinient spot.

Actually earlier today I tested with StarMade version 0.09397 and was actually able to spawn in my blueprint that I posted a picture of, which was already edited and saved in the current starmade build before I spawned it in on the old starmade build. However when I save that blueprint SMedit still can't load it. It gives this message: