I am seeing several players log in and log right back out, so I'm making this post to hopefully help them.
Here are some steps to go through if you are having difficulty logging into GenXnova:
1. Clear client cache. This is found in the tools menu of the second Starmade screen. Then try logging back in. This fixes most issues. (http://www.lazygamerz.org/forums/index.php?topic=11673.0
2. Try restarting your computer.
3. Try a different in game name.
4. If you have access to a different computer with Starmade, try logging in on that computer. If no other computer is available, try installing a fresh copy of starmade. Tutorial on a second install of Starmade: (http://www.lazygamerz.org/forums/index.php?topic=11681.new#new
5. If your able to, restart your internet modem/router.
6. If you are using a 32-bit version of java on a 64-bit OS, uninstall java, and install 64-bit (https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
) click on the Windows Offline (64-bit) for a Windows PC, or the equivalent for your OS.
general memory settings for starmade:
4GB of RAM- 1024mb initial 2048 maximal
6GB of RAM- 2048mb initial 4096 maximal
8GB of RAM- 2048mb initial 6144 maximal
16GB of RAM- 4096mb initial 8192 maximal
these settings are based on my opinion/experience, but it might not work on every pc.
If none of these steps work, try asking for help from the online from the web chat tab on the servers website, sm.lazygamerz.
org . u will need to have registered on the site and already verified ur in game name.
I hope this helps anyone having issues logging into StarMade